Saturday, November 1, 2008

October Wrap-Up

I only managed to read 10 books this month. Reading was a little slow for me this month because it was my birthday, I got really sick, and my bf was staying with me. Hopefully November will be more productive, but I still read some really great books and I started this blog.

Here's the list:

  1. Holes, Louis Sachar
  2. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
  3. The Kiss, Kathryn Harrison
  4. The Believers, Zoe Heller (thanks to B&N First Look)
  5. Murder on the Orient Express, Agatha Cristie
  6. The Woman Warrior, Maxine Hong Kingston
  7. The Maze of Bones, Rick Riordan
  8. Great Plains, Ian Frazier
  9. The Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman
  10. Living Dead in Dallas, Charlaine Harris
I'm still working on these books:

  • Twinkie, Deconstructed, Steve Ettlinger (For Books About Food Challenge)
  • The Ominvore's Dilemma, Michael Pollan (For Books About Food Challenge)
  • An Abundance of Katharines, John Green
  • The Hound of the Baskervilles, Arthur Conan Doyle (on DailyLit)
  • The Secret Adversary, Agatha Cristie (on DailyLit)
I received Drood from Miriam at Hatchette Books and I'll probably start that soon. I also won Brisinger from Brooke over at The Bluestocking Guide. Thanks Brooke!!

I joined like 8,000 challenges, I won't list them here as they are all on the sidebar and all new.

The blogging community has welcomed me so throughly in the last two weeks, and I appreciate it so much!

1 comment:

Beth F said...

It was slow month for me too, and I don't know why. Well, I read a couple of really long books. Good list.