Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Salon

I fared a little better this week, and finished up Great Plains, The Maze of Bones, The Graveyard Book, and Living Dead in Dallas. Check out my October Wrap-Up.

I'm still working on Twinkie, Deconstructed--it is interesting, just slow-going--and I started An Abundance of Katherines and The Omnivore's Dilemma. I'll probably focus on Katherines today and hopefully start Give and Take, which I recieved from Concord Free Press, and Drood, which I recieved from Miriam at Hatchette Books.

This week I'll also probably start Club Dead, Sookie's books are becoming my major guilty pleasure.

My boyfriend bought me a second bookshelf for my birthday and I finally got around to organizing. I split my books up between read and unread. It is pretty balanced considering I have close to 400 books. I also cleaned out some I just know I'm not going to read or won't read again and wouldn't recommend or lend, and I joined paperbackswap.com. I've sent out 5 books so far, but no one has approved my requests yet! Hopefully soon.

I also have to work on a report/project for my grad class. I decided to create a "reader's resource" of sorts for books that have food as a topic or theme. I'm excited about doing it, I just actually have to do it now.

Well I had better get started reading. :)

3 comments:

Beth F said...

Club Dead is next for me too in the Southern Vampire series. I really like Sookie.

I hope you review Abundance of Katherines when you finish. I've been thinking about reading it.

Have fun!

Literary Feline said...

It sounds like you had a good reading week. I really enjoy Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Series. Have you been watching the television series too?

I need a new bookshelf. My husband told me after the last one that we didn't have room, but I think we could fit another one next to the four in the living room--so you may have to turn a little to get by them. I actually need to do some major book weeding. That's one of my projects this month.

Good luck on your report/project! It sounds like a great idea. Have a good week!

Memory said...

I've heard so many good things about the Southern Vampire books that I think I'm going to have to check them out.

Happy reading this week!