Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays

See other teasers at Should Be Reading.

I'm doing 2 today, because I've been a major slacker.

"Meat eating was part of Ghandi's revolt against religion. He disliked the 'glitter and pomp' of Hindu temples and confessed that he had no 'living faith in God'."
--Ghandi: His Life and Message for the World, Louis Fischer (pg 12)

"Still, one must look about sometimes; and then I saw this station, these men strolling aimlessly about in the sunshine of the yard. I asked myself sometimes what it all meant."

--Heart of Darkness, Joseph Conrad

4 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! Very heavy topics but thought provoking. Great choices!
*smiles*
Kim

Kaye said...

That really gives some insight into Ghandi, now, doesn't it?

Great teaser!

Here is mine

Beth F said...

Two good ones and two heavy books.

Nise' said...

I read a book about Ghandi, but I don't think that is the one.