Final Read-a-Thon Update
- The Sword Thief (156 pages, 1 hour 41 mins, 1.5 pg/min) (4 out of 5)
- Tithe (331 pages, 4 hours, 31 mins, 1.3 pg/min) (3 out of 5)
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle (146 pages, 3 hours 16 mins, .74 pg/min) (5 out of 5)
- The Magical Life of Long Tack Sam (156 pages, 1 hour 45 mins, 1.6 pg/min) (4 out of 5)
- Fade (248 pages, 2 hours 40 mins, 1.6 pg/min) (3 out of 5)
- The 13 Clocks (124 pages, 1 hour 5 mins, 2 pg/min) (5 out of 5)
- Interworld (52 pages, 5o mins, 1 pg/min)
Total Time Spent Reading: 15 hours 40 mins
- 4 Young Adult
- 1 Novella
- 1 Middle Grade
- 1 Graphic Novel
- 4 women
- 3 men
End of Event Survey:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
The last hour I was awake (5-6 am eastern) because I knew I couldn't make the next 3 hours. And when I was reading The 13 Clocks. I was absolutely dying then.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Short young adult or middle grade books. Fade was probably my quickest read
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really, it was awesome.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The dedicated blog with updates every hour was great. I also the cheerleaders did an AWESOME job.
5. How many books did you read?
6 finished, 1 started
6. What were the names of the books you read?
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
We Have Lived in the Castle. So creepy and wonderful/
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Tithe. It wasn't awful but it felt like it took forever.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
N/A Thought they did great.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
ABSOLUTELY will participate again.