Friday, April 17, 2009

Had to Share This Friday

Today I'm going to try and start something new. It is mostly for me, but I want to invite anyone to participate, book blogger or not.

Did you come across something you just have to share? If so, leave a comment or leave a link to your post. I can't wait to see what you've got.

I've got two quotes from Slaughterhouse-Five that I thought were totally awesome and shareworthy:

pg. 213:
Trout, incidentally, had written a book about a money tree. It had twenty-dollar bills for leaves. Its flowers were government bonds. Its fruit was diamonds. It attracted human beings who killed each other around the roots and made very good fertilizer. So it goes.
pg. 218
She was a dull person, but a sensational invitation to make babies. Men looked at her and wanted to fill her up with babies right away. She hadn't had even one baby yet. She used birth control.
And lastly,

I've been messing around with the look of my blog, thanks to inspiration and direction from Melissa from Melissa's Bookshelf. Check out her instructional posts here and here. Also, in the drama that was changing my background, I got significant help from Issac Yassar. He responded to my question immediately and knew exactly what the problem was. So visit his site. It's basically beyond description.

1 comment:

Nymeth said...

Slaughterhouse-Five is such a brilliant book.

I love the blog's new look! Well done :)