Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-Thon Update and Introduction Meme

Read-a-Thon Update

Currently reading: A Sword Thief
Just finished: n/a
Up next: Tithe

Total books finished: 0
Total pages read: 65

Total time spent reading: 1 hour

I've gotten off to a slow start. I had to take some decongestant this morning and it made me very drowsy. I had to sleep it off for a bit. But I'm feeling much better now, and ready to kick butt.

Introduction meme:

Where are you reading from today?

Currently in my recliner in my living room. Or did you mean geographically? Arlington, VA

3 facts about me

  • I've never stayed up for 24 hours straight, and I've already screwed it up this time. :)
  • I can't drink a lot of caffeine because I'm very sensitive to it. It sometimes even makes me sleepy.
  • I bought my recliner in college for 60 bucks at the Salvation Army and its the best purchase I've EVER made.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

The narrowed down list is around 11, but really anything is up for grabs depending on my mood.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

At least 1000 pages.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?

It's my first time!!!!

8 comments:

N.Vasillis said...

Okay coffee's so out. Take your time and have fun. Good luck.

infiniteshelf said...

Coffe makes me sleepy too, sometimes, even if I'm an addicted! Good luck with your reading! :D

Jodie said...

If coffees out maybe try juice, for the good properties. I know you're going to do well how ever long you stay up for.

Gavin said...

Happy reading, Laza! I love the recliner..

Nymeth said...

Don't worry about the slow start. Still plenty of time to go. Happy reading!

Bybee said...

I have a recliner that I wish I could live in, sleep in, teach from...etc.

mjmbecky said...

Wow, I can't believe how many of you are sick today! Here's to hoping that the readathon gives you a reason to stay in bed, wrapped up nice and warm, with a good book! Hope you get feeling better.

Serena said...

It's my first time with read-a-thon too, and good luck!