Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-Thon Update and Mid-Event Survey

Read-a-Thon Update

Currently reading: We Have Always Lived in the Castle
Just finished: Tithe
Up next: The Magical Life of Long Tack Sam

Total books finished: 2
Total pages read: 582

Total time spent reading: 8 hours 23 mins (I think I might have messed up calculation somewhere. Where did like 4 whole hours go? Have I been slacking that much? I might have to double check this.)

Mini challenges completed: 4



Mid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now?

We Have Always Lived in the Castle

2. How many books have you read so far?

2, almost done with the 3rd

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Fade and Wintergirls

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Not really, just told people not to call.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Just of my own doing. I've been slightly drugged with decongestant which made it difficult to concentrate earlier. But, I'm getting a second wind now. I'm really not a morning person either.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

I'm surprised that I haven't read more. Also, by how many book bloggers are out there that I've been missing out on.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

I think everything is great. Our coordinators have been AWESOME. I even won a prize. I really have no complaints.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

I would have a better way of keeping track of the time I was reading vs. taking breaks. I've confused myself somehow and I'm not sure I've got it right.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

I was much more tired this morning. I'm really a night person. I think I'm about to hit a stride.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

I definitely think that reading shorter books helps with a sense of accomplishment. Tithe took me much longer than I thought it would and it was frustrating to not be completing books.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Wonderful, wonderful - keep up the good work!

Care said...

Oh THANK YOU FOR THE beautiful tulips in the blog header! Perks me right up. Sounds like you are having a wonderful read-a-thon! CHEERS!

Eva said...

We Have Always Lived in the Castle would be a GREAT read-a-thon choice! I totally envy you reading it for the first time!

Sally said...

Oops, Amy didn't leave that comment - it was me - Sally.

Nise' said...

Great job, I don't know where some of the time went either! I'm sure you will love Wintergirls, LHA is the best!

Gavin said...

Yeah, Laza! Great reading, and good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon.

Staci said...

You're doing great so far!! I have Wintergirls on my stack too!!

Tara said...

You are doing great! Loved the Shirley Jackson book.