Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-Thon Update

Read-a-Thon Update

Currently reading: The Magical Life of Long Tack Sam
Just finished: We Have Always Lived in the Castle
Up next: ? hmm, maybe Fade? I think I'm going to pick up the living room first, I've made a huge mess of it.

Total books finished: 3
Total pages read: 633

Total time spent reading since last update:
Total time spent reading: 9 hours 7 mins

Mini challenges completed: 5

Nod to Nonfiction Mini-Challenge:

What is you favorite non-fiction book and why? What genre(s) do you enjoy and are there particular writers that you would recommend to others? If you don't read non-fiction, why not?

I'd have to say The Liar's Club by Mary Karr. It is a definitive work of literary memoir and lyrically written. I like memoirs in that vein, and long form journalism such as Jon Krakauer. Although I have strong feelings against Alex McCandless, I LOVE Into the Wild. I would recommend either of these authors or any of the nonfiction authors I've reviewed in the past.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Way to go! Keep it up :-)

Kailana said...

This is a great way to get book recommendations! Keep up the great work!

Linda said...

My husband got Into The Wild for Christmas. I might have to read it before he does.

Alyce said...

I'm just stopping by to wish you luck with the rest of the read-a-thon. I hope you have a great evening of reading!