Sunday, September 20, 2009

Found: Electric Literature

I have to give a shout out to the Virginia Quarterly Review blog for this find. Electric Literature is a new short fiction journal that publishes in all forms: paperback (on-demand), kindle, iphone, and online.

Here's their blurb:

Electric Literature is just that, electric—five great stories that grab you. We are a bi-monthly anthology of short fiction. We select stories charged with wit and emotional gravity right from the first sentence. You choose how you want to read them. We deliver content in every viable medium.

I'm going to download this to my kindle ($4.95 as opposed to $9.95 in paperback) and check out the stories. The first issue has Michael Cunningham (who i LOVE) as well as others I'm not familiar with, but I'm looking forward to.

Update to follow when I can get to these. Always love an exciting new lit journal.

They also publish one-sentence animations on youtube. They are kinda artsy for me, which just means it goes over my head completely, but still a very cool and enjoyable concept. Here's the one for Michael Cunningham:



1 comment:

Beth F said...

I've seen those one-sentence videos before. They are usually so pretty. This was a good one.