Monday, September 14, 2009

Ugh I'm the worst book blogger ever.

Ok so I haven't been doing such a great job keeping up here. And now I started a class on the short story that is totally monopolizing all of my time!

Here are some updates:
  • I saw Kelly Armstrong and Melissa Marr speak at the Borders near my home, back in June. I have a picture, which I'll post later and hopefully talk about the experience. I was so nervous to meet them, but they were both so awesome and confident.
  • I went to LA with my sister to visit my uncle. This was a very big deal for me. My uncle moved out to West Hollywood in the early 90s because he needed to be involved in the gay community--in our area it wasn't (and still isn't) really that acceptable. I'm sad that he wasn't a bigger part of my life growing up, but I'm really happy for him because he has a great life out there with lots of great and supportive friends. Getting to spend time with him and meet his CA family was such an amazing experience.
  • He convinced me to walk into LA Ink--and I ended up getting a new tattoo! Best of all, he suggested a bird, and I found a Japanese silk screen with a bird, which was PERFECT. The birdie is kinda hard to see in this pic, but he's perched on the branch. The tattoo was amazing, a guy named Adrian at the shop did it for me, and he was totally cool and fun.
  • I read some books, which I'll post on in groups (probably) soon.

3 comments:

Katie said...

This BARELY counts as a new post but it's heading in the right direction.

Literary Feline said...

I love the tattoo, Laza! It's good to see you post again. I'm so envious that you got to see Kelly Armstrong and Melissa Marr. How neat is that!

I am glad you had such a good time in Los Angeles. You were practically in my backyard. :-)

Kelly said...

Ooh, Laza...gorgeous tattoo! I'm wicked behind on my Bloglines reading, so blogging slow-downs just help me catch up faster! Of course, as soon as I catch up, you'll be expected to post faster again. ;-)