Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon

YES! The read-a-thon is back! Earlier this year, I participated and raised around 300 bucks for a charity. I was dying of allergies that day, so I didn't read as much as I think I could have. This time, I can't commit to reading the entire day, as I have so much school work to do, but I'm going to read as much as I can.

I don't know yet what all I'm going to put into my TBR pile. I have the last two 39 Clues books that I know I'll crank out pretty quickly. Then I think I may work on the Setimus Heap books, since I need to power through those to review the most recent book. I have TONS of read-a-thon worthy books on my shelf and of course my KINDLE(!!!) will be charged and ready to go in a pinch. I think I'll also take the time to work on some of my lit mags. I'm really quite excited. It will be a day of reading and napping. Can't ask for a better Saturday.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Have a great time! Like the last readathon, my daughter and I won't be doing the full 24 hours, but it'll be fun regardless.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Beth F said...

The Septamus Heap books are a good choice!

ccqdesigns said...

Such a great morning here in South Alabama, just the perfect time to grab that cup of coffee and read, read, read!!! So keep up the great reading and enjoy!!!
Rebecca
the Transcendentalists team!

Valerie said...

That is a great donation you made! I hope you enjoy the rest of this read-a-thon!

millymarie said...

Hey at least your trying. I don't believe everyone is doing the 24 Hour totals your not alone. Good luck!

Nicole said...

Just have fun with it. How ever much you do is enough!