Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-a-Thon Hour 17

Wow I can't believe we're on hour 17 now! I've spent the last few hours mostly napping and cheering. The cheering isn't going as quickly as I would like it, I'm not covering nearly as many blogs as I'd like to, but I'm trying to read a least one post on each one, so that slows me down. I've also done some cheering on Twitter as well, but there are just soooo many people tweeting it's very difficult to keep up!

I started Flyte the second book in the Septimus Heap series, but I'm seriously tempted to switch to The Strain as I think a scary book might help keep me awake.

I'm pretty sure my roommate is over me lording over the living room, so I've moved into my bedroom which is a VERY DANGEROUS place to be this time of night. But hopefully, I've napped enough today to be able to do some cheering in the later hours. (That or I'll fall asleep on the computer, drooling).

6 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I've read the first in this series of Septimus Heap. I really liked it. I'll have to see if my library has any of the others. Thanks for stopping by my place.

Sherrie
Just Books

Lenore said...

Thanks for cheering me on! It's keeping me up in the wee hours :)

tanabata said...

I know what you mean about cheering taking much longer than you expect. I haven't been able to do nearly as much as I would like either. Oh well, it's still fun. :)
Good luck staying awake for the duration. Happy reading!

Eva said...

We're coming up on the final quarter! You've done great so far-see it through to the end! You can do it!

(And I haven't looked at Twitter all day-I would feel overwhelmed!)

Trish said...

Give me an R
Give me an E
Give me an A
Give me a D

What does it spell? READ!!

The bedroom is not a good place to be! Maybe do some walking around.

Marg said...

I haven't read very much in the last few hours! Mainly been cheering!

You have done really well. Keep going!