Sunday, October 25, 2009

Read-a-Thon Hour 24: The Final Countdown

Even though I slept, I'm hurtin! My eyes want to be shut! I'm reading The Strain. I'm having mixed feelings about it. The idea is compelling enough to push me through it --I really want to know what happened to those people on the plane--but, MY GOD, the writing is terrible. Hopefully I'll stick it out when the read-a-thon isn't compelling me to keep reading.

End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

This hour, even though I slept.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

I don't know about high-interest, but I think the 39 Clues books are great for the thon. Short, sweet, and action packed.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Trish had a great comment for the cheering squad---to have readers post that they are awake during "dead" hours so that the cheerleaders know who to focus on.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

It was my first time participating, but I thought the cheering went really well.

5. How many books did you read?

I read two, finished one I had already started, and started two others.

6. What were the names of the books you read?

Beyond the Grave, The Black Circle, and Magyk

7. Which book did you enjoy most?

Hmmm...they were all about the same...middle grade reading!

8. Which did you enjoy least?

I enjoyed them all.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

I don't have any advice! I was so surprised at how time consuming cheering was!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I will DEFINITELY participate again. This event is so amazing. I'll probably read and cheer.

17 comments:

Petunia said...

Hey, where'd you get that? I want one.

I know it's hard but you can do this. Just a little longer.

Milka said...

Thank you so much for your comment before, I decided to answer to them something after the challenge. I am already finished as I started a little bit earlier than the official starting time was.

We did it, I feel like a winner! It has been a great experience to do this.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great list of books you read. Good job done! Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Jodie said...

Cheering is meag hard, my thanks go out to all those who did it this year.

shonasbookshelves said...

Ya , I too feel that cheerleading was really good. Though I have no experience with earlier readathons..It was a fun event .Wasnt it?

Eva said...

I agree Trish's suggestion was great! :) Congrats on all your reading and cheering!

lilly said...

I can't believe you stayed up so long. It's crazy amazing. I pretty much dropped out after midnight ;(.
Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting :)

Nicole said...

Great job. You accomplished quite a bit, and I'm glad you had a good time!

Beth F said...

Yes! Cheering takes up a lot of time but it's loads of fun.

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by and cheering me on yesterday. It was much appreciated. Sounds like you had a good time during the readathon, too.

eMily said...

Thanks for stopping by and cheering yesterday and congratulations on a successful read-a-thon!

She said...

Ugh, I felt the same way about The Strain. I ended up not really liking it, but I hope it works out better for you!

Vasilly said...

I have The Strain in my read-a-thon pile still. I've been hearing mixed reviews about it.

You did great. I hope you're getting some sleep.

Megan said...

Congrats on a Read-a-thon well done!

I'm with you about the cheerleading being so time consuming. In the spring, I *only* cheerlead, and I couldn't believe how much time it took and how comparatively few blogs I managed to visit. It was still great fun, though, and worth it!

Chris said...

I was a cheerleader once when the Read-a-thon was small. It is a lot of work. I'm amazed at how you do it.

Congrats on the Read-a-thon!

3m said...

Glad to hear you'll participate again. It's such a fun event!

Aarti said...

That is one comprehensive list! Congratulations on a job well done :-)