2009 was a rough blogging year for me. I got bogged down in the 9000 challenges I signed up for and rarely completed any of them. I LOVE these challenges, but I think I need to try a different approach this year. So, here are my goals and I hope they will be more conducive to me actually posting regularly on my blog.
- Read at least 130 books, 50 of which should be adult novels.
- Read 50 individual short stories (unrelated to a collection) and post.
- Finish reading the Canongate myths series, and other seek out other myth-related books.
- Read the shortlists for the 2009 Man Booker Prize and National Book Award.
- Read 30 books I already own.
2010 Graphic Novels Challenge
I'm going to go for the intermediate level (3 to 10), as I ran this challenge last year and didn't even finish!!! Thanks to Nymeth and Chris for taking over. They've got some great things planned for this challenge so please please please join up!
The Outlander Reading Challenge
Not only has my boss recommended this series to me, but it seems as though all the bloggers love it too! So I have to find out what it's all about! I'm probably going to read these on my Kindle so I don't break my back getting back and forth from work.
- Dragonfly in Amber
- Drums of Autumn
- The Fiery Cross
- A Breath of Snow and Ashes
- An Echo in the Bone
The Chunkster Challenge 2010
I've got a few big boys on the shelf I've been wanting to get to, so I'm going with the Chubby Chunkster level (3 books over 450 pages). Here's a list of choices:
- Bleak House
- The Quincunx
- Crime and Punishment
- Great Expectations
- Take written notes for books so I don’t forget things as quickly
- Post Reading Journal entries that discuss the stylistic merits of the book as well as why I liked/didn’t like it (ie don't focus so much on a formal review)
- Participate in It’s Monday! What are you reading?, WWW, Short Story Sunday and Monday, and Wondrous Words Wednesday
- Keep up with a new post: Potent Quotables (on Fridays)