Saturday, December 19, 2009

Reading Update: The Snowpocalypse of 2009

It has officially stopped snowing. I don't know the official inch count, but just looking from the window I'd say a foot or a little over. That's pretty much unheard of here. It's pretty now, but I'm not looking forward to the melt-freeze-melt-refreeze.

I read Howl's Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones and watched the movie Clue. Howl's Moving Castle started off a little slow, but once it picked up, I couldn't put it down. My sister couldn't believe I finished it as she was reading Twilight and hasn't come close to finishing it. What can I say, once I get started--if it's good--I don't want to stop! I wish I had the next books in the series!

If I can keep my eyes open, I'll try to work on The Ring but I don't know if I'll be awake much longer.

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

That's a lot of snow! It rained quite a bit where I live last weekend, but it's been pretty dry since. I wish it would rain again.

I'm reading a nonfiction book right now that is taking longer to read than a fiction book would. I tried not to let my envy be known when he finished his second book since I started mine. LOL I usually read faster than he does.

Have a great week!

Beth F said...

Hope some of that snow is still around for Christmas!