Monday, January 25, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Read Last Week:

Voices, Arnaldur Indridason (1/18)
In the Shadow of Gotham, Stefanie Pintoff (1/19)
The Draining Lake, Arnaldur Indridason (1/20)
Arctic Chill, Arnaldur Indridason (1/21)
Everlost, Neal Shusterman (1/24)

Started/Currently Reading:

I had a hard time latching onto a book after I finished the Arnaldur Indridason books. I'm currently in the middle of Most Evil, by Steve Hodel, but I've put that on hold because I realized I really need to read The Black Dahlia Avenger first, which I'm a few hundred pages into. So far, ok. Hodel's writing leaves something to be desired--its very repetitive--but the subject matter is interesting enough to keep me going. I also started Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan, which bloggers seemed to love or hate, so I had to check it out. (I'm already slightly disturbed by it, but intrigued.) I've also picked up Oryx and Crake, because, well, it was time to pick up a book off my shelf and who doens't love a good dystopian novel? I'm also in the midst of the graphic novel Books of Magic.

Up Next?

Probably Everwild, the next book in Shusterman's Skinjacker Trilogy. Then I think it's going to be time to hit up my TBR shelf and maybe get another Booker or NBA book in. Also, I'm planning on starting the Y graphic novel series and getting back into Gaiman's Sandman series.

5 comments:

inthehammockblog said...

Tender Morsels looks so good!

She said...

Tender Morsels is quite a book-- I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

I liked Oryx and Crake, but it took me a while to absorb it all. The Year of the Flood was a great companion novel though!

J. Kaye said...

I really enjoyed Oryx and Crake. Love the author's writing style.

julie said...

I always love finding a fellow I-read-20-books-at-a-time... and I also got addicted to Indridasson. Those novels can't seem to last for more than a couple of hours.

Kate at Read This Book! said...

Read EVERWILD! I loved it. :)