Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mystery Read-a-Thon: Introduction Post

1) Give us five fun-facts about you. (Things that are so trivial you wouldn't think of them right away, but that might make others smile.)
  • I still have my Christmas tree up.
  • I'm obsessed about checking my mailbox, and get sad when there's nothing interesting.
  • I love ballet flats.
  • I hibernate like a bear during winter.
  • I drive a beige Camry that my sister and I lovingly named Poo to rhyme with my previous car's name "Blue" (It was blue) and my sister's car "Bu" (it is a Malibu).

2) What is on your TBR stack for the next two days?

I've got books 2-4 of Arnaldur Indridason's Reykjavik Thriller series and I'm going to walk over to the library at 10 and pick up the fifth book. Also, I have Tokyo Year Zero and some of Charlaine Harris' Lily Bard books if I need a change of pace.

3) Do you have any specific hopes and plans for this read-a-thon?

Just to have fun reading.

4) Did you participate in the Mystery Read-A-Thon in the past?

I haven't participated before.

5) If you already participated, can you give the new participants any tips on what to do and what not to do?

6) If this is your first Mystery Read-A-Thon, how do you plan to go ahead?

I'm just going to read in my spare time. The books I've picked are quickly paced so other than wanting to nap, I'll probably just be reading until I hang out with Katie (of the Bitterness Blog and You're So Vain).

6 comments:

Book Dilettante said...

Have fun reading. I'm interested in that Icelandic novel you plan to read. This is my first mystery RAT.

Kathrin said...

Have fun reading those Icelandic thrillers! I can't wait to read more about them :-)
And hibernating? I can so understand that!!!

Molly said...

I am just as bad when I go to the library!

I started the read-athon last night as well -- and hope to get lots of reading over the next two days.

Good luck and have fun.

Whitney said...

Libraries are a weakness of mine too. I totally understand the hibernating during the winter, although my last name is "Behr" so that could have something to do with it too...
Happy Reading!

Diane said...

Have fun; I'm participating as well and enjoying guilt-free reading.

Mae said...

Cute meme. I love ballet flats. If I'm going to walk, I'm going to walk in comfort, darn it!

And I love getting mail (aside from bills) but I especially love it when ordered books come through. Such a lovely surprise even though I've paid for the surprise.