Monday, September 5, 2011

The 39 Clues Redux (and Continuation)

I read a lot of series, most of which haven't been finished yet. The downside to this is that I often can't remember a lot of the details when the next book comes out. This is definitely the case with the 39 Clues series.

If you haven't heard about this series, you should check it out (especially if you have young children). It was created by Rick Riordan--the author of the Percy Jackson series and the Kane Chronicles (spoiler alert--I am a huge fan of Riordan's). However, different children's authors write the different books. (It can be an interactive experience as well, as there is a pretty extensive website with games and such that go along with the books. It's all meant to be learning-based, as Rick Riordan used to be a teacher.)

I've previously read the first 10 books. I started reading Book 11: Vespers Rising when I realized I didn't remember enough about the previous books to keep going. This book marks a break in the series from the original clue hunt to the "Cahills vs. Vespers". So, I think its a good place to backtrack, reread, and then continue on into the new part of the series. Also, I think I'm going to go through the games on the website as well, to see how that adds (or doesn't add) to the whole experience.

First up is The Maze of Bones.

No comments: